Thursday, December 9, 2010

1-2-3 BLAST OFF!

I have been working on A, B, C's and 1, 2, 3's with Colin for awhile now. I count when we are going down the stairs and back up again. Sing the A,B,C's in the car. Everything and anything that can be counted is counted. And any quiet moment is a perfect moment for singing the alphabet or listening to them on tape. 

Still, I get nothing. The kid will literally not repeat any of it. Although, he has started saying "1-2-3-blast off!" which I'm pretty sure is due to his repeated viewing of Toy Story. 

Then we had a break through moment! We were playing together with a wooden puzzle of numbers 0-9. He laid down the '7' and I said 'seven'. Without missing a beat, he blurted out (out of nowhere!), "seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven" -as if he's been saying it for years!

My jaw dropped! The little stinker refuses to say "one, two, three" but has no problem with seven through eleven. Well, we gotta start somewhere! Wonder what other knowledge he's hiding in that little mind of his?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment