Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Trip to the "Looavull" Slugger Museum

As I am writing this, the little guy is playing independently in his room with the door shut- his new thing- and I am munching on dried apricots- a new favorite snack of his!

This weekend we ventured down to Louisville for a mini-family vacation. It was cold and dreary, not much of a vacation, but we still had fun! My parents treated us to a visit to the Louisville Slugger Museum- a very exciting trip for young boys! Although, I think my dad was beside himself with excitement :) I have been to the museum but have never done the tour- and boy, oh boy, is it worth it! The tour guides do an excellent job walking you through the production process and the overall history of the sport. And as we were walking through, the workers were producing special-order bats for Brandon Phillips, Josh Hamilton, and Dustin Pedroia, just to name a few! Colin was literally entranced with awe! I've never seen him so speechless. We will definitely have to make a trip when he's older.

For dinner, I had made reservations at a restaurant at 4th Street Live. I made them earlier in the evening on purpose to avoid the crowd and, sure enough, the restaurant was nearly empty when we arrived. As the hostess was seating us at our table, I asked for a high chair or booster for Colin. She looked at me and said "We do not have any. This isn't a child-friendly place." That would have been nice to know when I made the reservation and mentioned that we had a small child! Nevertheless, we sat Colin in a chair and made sure that he was careful with his straw while we enjoyed our meal. Other than a trip to the potty, Colin sat in his seat the entire meal and was very well-behaved! I could not have been more proud!

He was extremely easy all weekend. I was a little worried about how the museum trip would go with someone so young but I think they made the tour interesting enough even for him! Can't wait to take him again when he's older- but we will probably skip the restaurant :)

No comments:

Post a Comment