Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Like a Child

There's just something about Disney World that is special. Growing up, I was privileged to visit quite a few times. And I went once as a college student for cheerleading. This will make my second trip as a parent and I can say, without a doubt, it is so much better to experience it with your kids! To see it through their eyes, to experience the happiness alongside them. Disney does an amazing job of bringing that out.

We haven't even stepped lot in a park yet and already I can get excited by Colin's excitement. And I am not alone either. On the way down, we stopped at a rest area so I could feed Salem. Chris and Colin started playing baseball with just pine cones and a stick. An older man walking by just stopped and watched and smiled. 'You got quite a ball player there,' he said and then made his wife watch a few pitches alongside him. I could literally see him walking down memory lane. Just from a few minutes of watching Colin in passing.

 And again today, I watched Chris and Colin play in the waves as I fed Salem under the cabana (common theme here, haha) and again a passerby stopped for a few moments to watch them. And smiled. And it made me smile, too.

I am so thankful that my son was able to bring a smile to these strangers' faces. Just by simply doing what he does best- just being a kid and living life to the fullest!


No comments:

Post a Comment